How to Present Data and Infographics
What you will learn:
- How to find and analyze data, and match it to the needs of your audience
- The importance of good visual storytelling
- Designing and presenting graphs and charts to maximize their impact and memorability
- The evolution of data visualisation, and examples of best practice
- How raw data can be turned into striking visual stories, including both flat graphic design (infographics) and interactives
- Using design tools to create persuasive data visualisations
It’s not about the numbers but their meaning !
This course is all about presenting the story of the data, using PowerPoint. You’ll learn how to structure a presentation, to include insights and supporting data. You’ll also learn some design principles for effective visuals, slides and infographics. Finally, you’ll be given a client profile, a business problem, and a set of basic charts and data sheets, which you’ll need to turn into a presentation – which you’ll deliver with iterative peer feedback.