Content Development and Key Messaging
What you will learn:
- Developing the right mindset
- How design thinking can impact the result of your presentations
- Focus on purpose and outcome
- Creating and using audience profile maps
- Crafting a powerful key message
- Content based presenting
- Collecting and developing the content
- Avoiding information overload
- Structuring according to message
- Find the meaning in the data!
- Understanding the presentation landscape
- Implementing lessons from the science of persuasion
Successful presentations begin long before the first word is spoken!
Many presentations fail to achieve their objectives and have very little impact on the audience. In fact, many have been known to send audience to sleep, or at least to disengage. This is because not enough thought has gone into the purpose and objective. Not enough thought into the needs and expectations of the audience. Too much content is put in with no clear focus or key message. There is no structure so what is presented is too long, overloaded and incoherent. This training will solve these issues and you will leave with immediately applicable skills and a new approach to presentations.
Who is the training for?:
This training is designed for executives, managers, assistants, marketing and communications staff and other personnel who must design presentations that are required to have an impact on the audience and to achieve specific results. The participants will not be required to give any presentations during this training, but will learn and practice techniques to design the key message, collect and filter content and to structure in a way to achieve impact and the objectives presentations.